Smart Engineering and Design Solutions Ltd. provides innovative and quality designs to meet the demands of the global marine industry. In collaboration with associated companies like Algoship Designers Ltd. and G.T.R. Campbell Marine Consultants Ltd., SEDS provides a full range of services from concept to completion. The company contains highly skilled naval architects and engineers from diverse fields working together as one cohesive team producing winning designs. The ship design of “SAKURA” has already captured the attention of the market.
SEDS selected Contentverse Document Management Solution for archiving their library of marine drawings, project plans and execution summaries. Contentverse will also cater to ongoing project management documents like Drawings, POs and Tenders.
The major challenge SEDS has faced implementing Contentverse is to bring all structural design, modeling and analysis technologies into the Contentverse system for easy archival and retrieval. To accomplish this, Contentverse was implemented with custom-developed modules for handling various high-end engineering projects based on software like Nupas-Cadmatic-Hull, Nupas-Cadmatic-Piping, ABS-TSA, ABS-CSR, NAPA and Shaft Alignment. These customized applications allowed users to save these highly technological projects within Contentverse and retrieve them when needed.
Following are some key features of SEDS’ customization:
- Export/import of project files from/to Contentverse
- Maintain the version each time export/import is done, thus enabling users to take out any previous day’s project work from Contentverse
- Maintains the Audit Trails for each user action performed on the system
- Complete user/group based security, so that each user will be able to access only the authorized project/folders within the Contentverse environment
Contentverse helped SEDS in managing all their electronic documents efficiently and enabled automation of the Archiving, Sharing, Retrieval, Distribution, and management of documents over a network.
SEDS personnel like the ease and intuitive appeal of Contentverse and the secured archival and retrieval system. Two features SEDS benefited from in our content management system were:
- Audit Reports for User Activities: Setup a separate report for Contentverse users who are working on Nupas, ABS, NAPA etc and daily emails sent from the server about user activities
- Disaster Recovery: A Secondary Contentverse server in the Bahamas installed and configured as a Disaster Recovery site for SEDS, India. Documents can be accessed from the site in the event of the main server not being available.