Shakespeare and Co. is one of the most reputable food and beverage industry brands, with branches in Dubai, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and the US.
From their United Arab Emirates central headquarters, they manage, supply, and operate all of their thirty-six restaurants, stores, and franchises across the UAE.
To complement their BBC Goodfood Award 2018 they looked to resolve their core operational limitations starting in the Accounting Department. To overcome the mission critical need to keep pace with their rapidly expanding business processes and document volumes, they looked to enhance their internal operations capabilities with even greater efficiencies and cost savings.
The Accounting department was looking for a complementing and comprehensive solution that would enable the following:
- Have a central repository that can be easily accessed and searched for all business operational needs
- Enable easy and timely audit capabilities
- Support the automatic import of at least 750 to 1000 documents per day.
- Address their transactional and approval processes which were manual and tedious: Originating from multiple locations and branches physical documents were being transported between locations, branches before being routed to the head office for action and storage
- Automatically scan, upload, and store all types of documents specifically Payment vouchers, Deposit slips, Journal Vouchers and Receipt vouchers
- Facilitate data extraction and information exchange between the new ECM system and their existing in-house applications
- As part of the processing requirements, enable staff to access documents and business processes regardless of their location
Implemented Departments – Contentverse has been implemented in the Accounts department, which had the greatest need, and represents the first of a wider rollout to take place.
Shakespeare and Co. chose the Contentverse solution based on the following criteria:
- Excellent security and data integrity
- Secure and controlled access anytime, anywhere
- Centralized documentation option
- Powerful and comprehensive search options, including full text search regardless of file format saved
- Very powerful and highly accurate automatic batch processing of documents- including scanning, data extraction, and auto-filing
- Ability to easily integrate with Shakespeare’s other business information systems
- The ability of our local partner to quickly and easily provide an onsite demonstration of the solution including integration.
- Reliable and highly professional local customer service and support.
Benefiting from Contentverse
The team from Computhink’s local reseller and Implementation Partner, Cube Innovators Technologies LLC, successfully implemented this project. For the Accounts department all documents are now processed digitally, regardless of the volume, easily meeting the fluctuating daily processing demands. All documents can now be accessed at a moment’s notice via the comprehensive search options provided.
Contentverse’s EasyIndex module enabled Shakespeare and Co. to bulk scan the Accounting-related documents, auto-filing and auto-indexing them. This negated the need for manual data entry and eliminated its inherent risks.
Automatic submission to the intelligent, rules-based workflows has significantly improved processing, reducing paper consumption. The entirely digital workflow process also eliminated physical transportation costs and the delays associated with limited staff access.
Audits have become a very easy task with all supporting documentation readily available. With all the significant improvements in productivity and the cost benefits of electronic input, distribution, and processing, Shakespeare and Co. have experienced an accelerated return on investment. With this configuration, they can easily process their current input requirement and have ample capacity for transaction growth to the remaining departments.
Contentverse met and exceeded expectations. The ECM solution has greatly improved business processing, productivity, organization, and efficiency for the Accounts department and has provided an insight into the benefits within easy reach.