Planet Pharmacies LLC, a joint venture between Global Investment House and Julphar Pharmaceuticals, operates across the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) with three main markets – United Arab Emirates (UAE), Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and Oman.
Planet Pharmacies represents a portfolio of over 20 agencies of pharmaceutical products, skincare brands, and healthcare devices, with many more agencies currently under registration. They have 180+ retail pharmacies, and wholesale operations supply all pharmacies, hospitals, health centers, and private clinics through an effective and timely distribution network in the region.
- Planet Pharmacies stores and manages valuable, confidential documents in their head office at Dubai and warehouse at Sharjah. These include delivery notes, purchase orders, invoices, payment vouchers, journal vouchers, credit notes, debit notes, client records, sales return, branch return, pick list, govt. invoices, employee time sheets, employee files, contracts, agreements, and other documents which are referred to on a regular basis.
- The warehouse at Sharjah stores some very old documents. Planet Pharmacies looked into shredding them, but without a digital copy being stored in a compliant document management system, this was not an option.
- Planet Pharmacies has 180+ retail pharmacies and wholesale distribution in the region. The stock is collected from warehouses and delivered to outlets. Supporting documents were stored in their warehouse, physically filed by date and document type. Therefore, retrieval of specific documents from the storage facility was a time consuming and a tedious task.
- The contracts and agreements are renewed every year with their vendors, customers, distributors, and government agencies. These contracts expire at different times of the year, so it is challenging to monitor, track, and initiate the renewal process.
- Invoices to government agencies have a completely different process. When an invoice is submitted to government agencies, all the delivery notes associated with it have to be submitted. The retrieval of these documents is tedious and inefficient. Some customers also request for delivery notes along with the invoice for payment processing.
- During auditing, the auditors need to review the documents. Search and retrieval of documents was laborious and time consuming.
- Redundancy, delays, and confusion caused by too much reliance on manual tasks in the business process and collaborative functions such as validation and approval of documents.
- Inability to define and leverage information relevant to specific document types, including goods received note, pick list, purchase return, branch return, sales return, branch transfer, general invoice, govt. invoice, delivery notes, internal branch receipts, tenancy contracts, local purchase orders, contracts, registration certificates, bank transfer receipts, insurance contracts, and purchase vouchers.
Why Contentverse Document Management System
Contentverse emerges as a viable solution for various industries because it is simple, flexible, and affordable and has many salient attributes which benefit the organizations.
|• Familiar user interface
• Supports 400+ file formats
• Powerful scanning, indexing and searching features
• One click email and print
• Built in OCR and full text search
• Custom workflow features
• Highly secure, 128 bit encryption. Control access at any level.
• MS Office Integration & Outlook Hot Folder
• Powerful annotation
• PDF Split & Merge
• Built-in OCR
• Built-in workflow engine
|• Check in/ Checkout
• Notification & Alerts
• Audit trail
• Integration with the existing application
• Database lookup – Out of the box functionality
• Records retention
• Access via web and desktop applications
• Automated data capture using EasyIndex
• Regulatory & Legal Compliance
• Version/ Revision
• Print/Send selected pages from a set of n pages
• Minimum File Size for Maximum Storage (Built-in Compression techniques)
• Local services, support and expertise provided by reseller Cube Innovators Technologies LLC
Benefiting from Contentverse
Planet Pharmacies implemented Computhink’s Contentverse solution across the logistics, warehouse, finance, legal, property, and commercial departments. Complete with the batch processing of between 3,000 to 4,000 pages of documents per day, Planet Pharmacies is now scanning and processing from multiple locations and uploading the electronic documents into their new central Contentverse system.
The digitized and indexed files have relevant metadata with categories, keywords, and full-text libraries. From a central, organized filing structure in Contentverse, Planet Pharmacies now is able to find files for reference and further processing, quickly and effortlessly.
The company utilizes the Contentverse workflow graphic designer to structure automated business processes, which have now been streamlined and fast-tracked. This eliminated Planet Pharmacies’ previously manual document sorting tasks and time-consuming physical work flows. The right parties in a process receive automatic notifications so that they can immediately execute their input.
Utilizing Contentverse’s retention policies and automated workflow, the renewal process for contracts and agreements are automatically initiated with their vendors, customers, distributors, and government agencies. For audit processes, regulatory entities can be supplied with the data they need almost immediately. Integrations with Planet Pharmacies’ Solver ERP and WMS systems were also incorporated for data interaction.
Computhink has ensured skyrocketing productivity and efficiency for Planet Pharmacies. The Contentverse ECM is a perfect fit for this pharmaceutical powerhouse, as the solution scales with the company’s size and document processing needs. Contentverse easily facilitates the daily intense workload of creating, sorting, and storing files, eliminating the need for manual tasks.
Contentverse has met the challenges Planet Pharmacies faced and has expanded their capabilities, opening the door for even greater growth.
You can download a PDF of this case study below.