Established in 1973 in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, the Fathima Group of Companies has evolved a particular focus on modern retail with twenty-two business verticals across the Middle East. Now, four thousand employees strong, they needed a digital resolution to augment their business processes. They looked to start with those associated with their largest pain point, accounting and financial processing.
The Fathima Group has state-of-the-art facilities in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) where they have stored and managed valuable, confidential documents. File types include Local Purchase Orders, Goods Received Notes, Tax Invoices BPM, Cheque Receipt, and Purchase Return – all of which are used and referred to on a regular basis.
After delivery, the Fathima Group was creating and/or keeping local purchase orders, purchase returns, bank payment vouchers, and check receipts. A number of their retail outlets were also regularly receiving a large number of invoices from suppliers. They required individual documents to be retrieved separately based on the unique types. These documents were stored in separate warehouses, so the transportation and operations associated with each type of document, including subsequent follow up actions, were time-consuming and painfully slow.
While they needed to retain these physical copies, the company also needed a quicker, more efficient centralized system for managing and retrieving the host of digital files. Namely, the digital archives. This solution would also need to integrate with their SAP ERP database to avoid a considerable amount of manual and duplicate data entry. In light of this and other requirements including customer invoice verification based on the delivery, search options for finding customer invoices, and auditing/tracking options for all files they turned to Cube Innovators Technologies LLC., Computhink’s regional distributor in the Middle East for Contentverse ECM.
The Fathima Group of Companies chose to purchase Computhink’s product over the competition because of the following Contentverse features and capabilities:
- Quick and easy Integration with mission critical applications
- Advanced search options
- Scanning and indexing capabilities
- Detailed version revision control
- Audit trail and file tracking
- Physical storage tracking
- Notification for expiring documents
- Easy remote access from multiple locations
- Encrypted file status “at rest” and “in transit”
- Local live and professional support from Cube Innovators
Benefiting from Contentverse
Cube Innovators implemented the Contentverse solution for Fathima Group in their accounting, administration, and human resources departments. Fathima Group is processing up to 3,500 documents per day with Contentverse. The implementation of the solution and integration with their ERP has cut down on manual entry and significantly increased productivity. File retrieval has improved as well, with digital organization speeding up processes and making it easy to track each document in every format.
- Near instant input and transfer of documents from all locations to a central system for access and processing
- A significant increase in the processing efficiencies and subsequent tracking of purchase orders and customer invoices
- Dramatic reduction in processing times and immediate resolution of queries with the ability to provide the relevant supporting documentation
- Lightning fast access to data and information required for all auditing purposes
- Near instant access to documents company-wide 24/7
- With access to the digital copy of the document, immediate reference to where the mandated physical documents are stored
Return on Investment
With the efficiencies and cost savings realized by the Fathima Group, a return on investment is definitely expected within 90 days. Through Computhink’s integrations, Contentverse’s streamlining and productivity boost, and implementation and support provided by Cube Innovators, Fathima Group has solved all of their challenges in the accounting arena and will be looking to leverage these advantages in a wider rollout.
You can download a PDF of this case study below.