Maybe you are a Senior Systems Administrator or Chair of the Technology Committee. Perhaps you are the IT Director, the IT Manager, or in charge of IT security for your organization. In the course of your research on a robust document management system, your checklist also includes some quality-of-life benefits for you and your team. The easier an ECM solution is for your staff to learn, the easier it will be for them to train others on it and to make necessary adjustments when the time comes.
Contentverse has a number of features going for it that will perk up a systems administrator’s ears. Our own IT department uses Contentverse every day in addition to demonstrating it for new users and assisting customers, so we get to see the benefits for ourselves.
- As long as you implement Contentverse on-premise and you have an on-premise network with an active user directory, you can sync up. Employees could then use their Windows logins to access Contentverse. They would not need to memorize (or record) a second password, and you would not have to create accounts for everyone.
- With the structure of user groups in Contentverse, you could add a user to a group, and they will have all of the same security permissions as others within the group. This also streamlines the process of onboarding the rest of your organization. Coupled with Contentverse’s encryption, you save a lot of cybersecurity headaches most large databases come with.
- Contentverse follows security principles from Windows, such as inheritance of folders, sub-folders, and documents. User groups and access denial, as well. This allays security concerns – no one has access by default but instead has access to nothing until it is granted by an administrator. Even human error is mitigated when you adopt our software. Luckily, even with a user having no access from the start, granting them permissions is not difficult or drawn out.
- When an executive or employee attempts to delete a board doc, legal doc, invoice, approval form, or any other type of content, it will not be deleted until an administrator purges it from the system. This facilitates backing up and safeguarding files from accidental deletion or even malicious intent.
- In fact, if you do have approval forms that require completion in your org, our workflows are not only easy for employees to use, the workflow creator itself also simple and intuitive. The tool represents processes visually with start conditions, tasks, and end actions all as nodes to be easily programmed. You can duplicate or edit a workflow as needed, including altering who is involved in each step. You can also override a workflow, for instance, when a decision-maker is out of the office and therefore cannot approve the check or invoice passing through the process.
Contentverse’s main benefits also include its versatile search function, folder organization capabilities, eSignature and annotation options, and so on. If the decision rests with you, though, your priorities start with security and ease-of-use for the admin users. Luckily that is the tip of the iceberg. Contentverse has more to offer, and we can show you just how deep the iceberg goes with a demonstration. After implementation, you can share these same benefits with your staff via our in-depth knowledge center series.
Reach out if you are interested in seeing the application live or discussing your specific needs.
About the Author
Fazal Khader is the Vice President of Technical Services for Computhink. With 23 years of experience in IT and 17 years at Computhink, he has a rich background in his field. Fazal doesn’t just know technical services well, he also knows Contentverse better than almost anyone. He enjoys travelling in the US and around the world, especially to visit your offices for a system implementation and training.