The first Choithrams Supermarket and Department Store was opened in the UAE in 1974 and has now evolved into a retail chain with over 39 supermarkets and 41 outlets across the seven emirates. With its unbeatably high standard of quality and service, Choithrams has become a name synonymous with excellence in the region today.
Choithrams is a successful group with associates in diverse fields like wholesaling, commodity brokerage, and manufacturing of edible and non-edible items. This rich association brings to the group a huge bank of experience and resources. The expansion of Choithrams into Oman, Bahrain, and Qatar ensures the distribution of brands into all corners of the Gulf market. Choithrams brings to the Gulf region the expertise, experience, networks and communications built up over 70 years in 25 countries.
The Pains and Objectives
For their evolving business infrastructure, they needed a digital solution to serve as the new backbone enabling future expansion. This would address their main challenges, specifically:
- Physical storage, tracking, and management of documents were a tedious task.
- Cost of physical storage of documents was very high, due to the real estate cost. The departments of the organization are spread across multiple floors and locations.
- Documents are spread across multiple warehouses and difficult to manage.
- Tracking documentation during business processes and having to deal with missing documentation, especially Invoices
The overall solution was structured so that the department with the most critical need would be implemented first, namely the Accounts department. Their immediate need encompassed all accounting documentation, including Tax Invoices – Wholesale; Tax Invoices – Van Sale; Van Collection Documentation; and Customer Collection Documents. These number between 3,000 to 5,000 daily.
Solution & Benefits
- All the relevant documents are now electronically filed in the Contentverse File structure, which ensures quick access to files through fast search and retrieval, thus providing increased productivity and reduced operating costs.
- Centralized Document Access for all locations
- Easy Index – Auto Capturing functionality of the Contentverse Document Management System, which will automatically capture the unique values from the documents and relevant information being pulled from the SAP HANA database, thus minimizing the data entry.
- Centralized access to electronic documents ensures a timelier response time to customers inquiries and improves customer satisfaction levels. With the time-consuming manual element of document retrieval removed, staff can now focus on other core business activities
- Paper documents usually require photocopying to be shared. Documents stored in network folders can be difficult to locate and can be subject to uncontrolled versioning. By employing a Contentverse-DMS, they can now share files and communicate and collaborate more effectively in a secure online environment that tracks versioning and revisions
- Choithrams experiences unparalleled file compression with DjVu technology.
- As the distributor and the product implementation partner of Computhink, Cube Innovators successfully implemented Contentverse based on their expertise of implementing the same system to other retail/FMCG and distribution sector clients.
Choithrams now has an even more efficient business solution that has increased productivity and profitability.